Monday, August 5, 2013

Fly Sweet Girl...


This is a rare thing... like a strange bird that bird watchers lie in wait to see. Or the breathtaking start or finish of a favorite musical piece. You see, my girlie likes to blend in: to observe what is happening and figure out her place before she jumps in. For years I have been watching, waiting to see the created come to be. I have been sitting by, letting her figure out life, but inwardly shouting to see her come alive. She has a great persona: what others see is very good, but I know the awesome. I see it when she doesn't know I am watching: the dance, the song, the pretend.

I take a lot of pictures. I mean, you think you know those moms that take a lot of pictures, but just think of that crazy amount and double it. And I don't like to delete any. Even the bad ones: the tear-stained, the pouty faces and the blur. But I knew as soon as I took this one it was awesome. To see the smirk that I know oh so well and be able to keep it forever. I am in love.

So, baby girl fly. Take this world by the storm that was placed inside. I will continue to wait to see you come alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment